CS591.2 Fall 2017: Special topics: Living computation
Page built: Wed Aug 2 13:38:57 MDT 2017
Directed individual projects in living computation, in a class
organized as a hands-on studio course emphasizing awareness of the arc
of creative processes involved in computational research and design.
In consultation with the instructor, each student will frame an
empirical problem of interest, develop and implement computational
strategies for that problem in the ulam programming language,
gather observations and data, and produce oral and written
presentations of results, as well as providing constructive critiques
of other's efforts.
- Programming experience at about the level of CS351.
- Interest in developing living computational systems for the benefit of society.
- Ability to work individually while supporting the rest of the class.
- Who: Dave Ackley
- Office: CEC-2092E
- Office Hours: T,W 12:30-3 starting 8/16/17
- Class meetings:
- M W 11:00-12:15 CEC-B146A