CS 444/544: Intro to Cybersecurity, Spring 2018
The syllabus is here and semester dates are here.
The "secpriv" mailing list is mandatory. We'll send important
announcements about the class to that list, but only the TA and myself will
send to the list. The "secpriv-chat" mailing list is highly recommended, all
students can post there and it's a good place for discussion, questions your
classmates might be able to answer, news related to the class, etc. Do
NOT put the "secpriv" mailing list in digest mode when you sign up. Here are
links to join the mailing lists for the class:
- Introduction, January 17th, 2018
- Legal and ethics stuff, January 19th, 2018, and some more info is here.
- Networking 101, January 24th, 2018, and http.cap is also available here.
- Some more networking and network security slides are here, here, and here.
- Slides about Tor are here.
These are slides that Roger Dingledine presented at DEFCON 25.
- Crypto basics, February 14th, 2018
- Three more sets of slides about crypto are here, here
- Homework 1 was at the bottom of the syllabus.
- Lab 1 has been assigned and is here, and the pcaps you'll analyze are here.
- Lab 2 has been assigned and is here, and the various files you'll need are here.
- Homework 2 is to watch the YouTube videos here and here.