Notes to Prospective Students
Like most other professors, I receive many inquiries from prospective students. I simply cannot respond to every inquiry, so this FAQ is meant to address commonly received questions.
- I am very interested in joining the Computer Science Department at UNM. I have attached my transcript and resume. Will I be accepted into the program?
- I have looked at your website and I am very interested in joining your research group. I have attached my transcript and resume. Can I join your group?
- What funding opportunities are there to support my studies?
- Are the funding opportunities open to Masters Degree students?
- I am a degree student at University X (where X is not UNM), and must complete a project as a part of my degree requirements. Are the funding opportunities open to Masters Degree students? I am an undergraduate at [non-Cornell] University and would like to spend a summer doing an internship/research assistantship with your group. I have an excellent background and would like to work on [insert relevant topic here]. My expenses will be paid-for from a national fellowship, so there will be no cost to you. Do you have a summer internship position?