Unix binaries for tkisem
tkisem Home Page
A binary distribution consists of two parts: a machine specific
dynamic library and a set of generic script and text files.
The generic file is available via anonymous ftp (tkisem-4.3.tar.gz
Currently, we have dynamic load libraries for the following
Eventually, the assembler and linker should be wrapped into
the platform specific files.
If you run tkisem on anything other than a Sun workstation, you'll
also want to get a cross assembler and cross linker for SPARC source
and object programs. Here's what you need to do:
- ftp to prep.ai.mit.edu log in as anonymous
- cd to pub/gnu
- get the latest version of binutils
- uncompress and untar the binutils source code
- cd to the binutils directory
- configure binutils to generate SPARC code (THIS IS THE ALL
% configure --target=sun4
- make the entire tree -- this takes quite a while
- cd to the ld directory. The file ld.new can be installed as isem-ld
- cd to the as directory. The file as.new can be installed as isem-as
- if you want a manual for ld or as, type make ld.dvi or as.dvi in
the ld or as directory.
Last modified: Mon Feb 14 15:33:05 MST 2000