CS491.2/CS591.2 Fall 2017: Special topics: Living computation
Page built: Fri Sep 8 14:06:33 MDT 2017
- NEW! We now have a slack group! Material that previously
had been going here will increasingly be found there!
- Here are some links to ulam information and
- The opening day
handout is available. (Revised 8/21/17)
- The first
and second course
announcement emails are available.
Directed individual projects in living computation, in a class
organized as a hands-on studio course emphasizing awareness of the arc
of creative processes involved in computational research and design.
In consultation with the instructor, each student will frame an
empirical problem of interest, develop and implement computational
strategies for that problem in the ulam programming language,
gather observations and data, and produce oral and written
presentations of results, as well as providing constructive critiques
of other's efforts.
- Programming experience at about the level of CS351.
- Interest in developing living computational systems for the benefit of society.
- Ability to work individually while supporting the rest of the class.
- Who: Dave Ackley
- Office: CEC-2092E
- Office Hours: T,W 12:30-3 starting 8/16/17
- Class meetings:
- M W 11:00-12:15 CEC-B146A